Town Ball Historic Research Project – 2014
Click to View

This is a research project I completed regarding the historic game of Town Ball for Duke Homestead State Historic Site as a part of my internship experience. I transformed my findings into a longer essay, an article for the Duke Homestead newsletter as well as a Facebook post. My research has also been archived for potential use in a future exhibit at the museum located on site grounds.

I was able to strengthen my research, writing and editing skills with this project. It helped me gain a better understanding of the history behind the 19th century game of Town Ball, how it evolved into modern-day baseball and how baseball solidified itself as “America’s National Pastime.” The improved research, writing and editing skills could be used in virtually any field I choose to pursue in the future.


smplan

Sport Marketing Plan – 2014
Click to View

I completed this project on my own for a Sport Marketing class at N.C. State and received high remarks from the professor. Choosing the Greater Raleigh Sports Council and its “Evening of Champions” event, I prepared a comprehensive strategic marketing plan that could be utilized by the organization.

Creating this marketing plan allowed me to improve upon multiple skills, such as researching, budgeting, performing a SWOT analysis and planning an event. The findings and solutions provided in this marketing plan could be implemented in a real world setting. I had never created a sport marketing plan in the past, so I learned a lot just from completing this project. The skills learned through the completion of this project will allow me to be a valuable asset to any organization.


Raleigh Brewing Company Website – 2013
Click to View

This is a group project for a communications class where the group chose a local business and produced a website using the Adobe Muse program. I was responsible for the overall site layout and design, compiling information onto the site, editing as needed and uploading the site to the N.C. State server for display.

This was, quite honestly, one of the most challenging projects I’ve ever been assigned. I had no prior knowledge of the Adobe Muse program and only had classroom instruction to go by. If there’s anything I learned, it’s that trial and error go a long way with Adobe Muse. After working well with my colleagues – and a decent amount of trial and error – we produced a polished website that could be adapted into a workable product by the company we focused our efforts on.