N.C. State University – Raleigh, NC
Bachelor of Science in Sport Management
Journalism Minor Certification
Hospitality Team – Durham Bulls Baseball Club – Durham, N.C.
April 2016 – Present
- Managed the party decks, picnic areas, group boxes, Playground 42 and the Fan Assistance Center at Durham Bulls Athletic Park during the 2016 and 2017 seasons.
- Answered any guest questions and addressed concerns as needed.
- Coordinated with coworkers as well as supervisors to ensure positive experience for guests.
- Worked in the PNC Triangle Club for the 2016 Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) Baseball Championship at Durham Bulls Athletic Park, an exclusive area of the ball park for members of the media, ACC officials and participating school dignitaries.
- Performed tasks in the PNC Triangle Club during the ACC Baseball Championship, such as checking credentials, opening doors for those who had access to the club area and answering any questions about the club or the ballpark as needed.
Intern – Duke Homestead State Historic Site – Durham, N.C.
May – August 2014
- Greeted guests promptly as they arrived in the visitor’s center, informed them on the many activities to do on-site and answered any questions from them as needed. Also led guided tours of the historic area for guests daily.
- Aided site staff with school group visits to the site by leading groups in games of Town Ball.
- Researched and developed a project on Town Ball, how it evolved into baseball and how baseball became America’s pastime. Research was archived for use in a future museum exhibit and newsletter.
- Supported staff during two site events with set-up, clean-up, conducting historic demonstrations and hosting the Tobacco Queen Pageant. Was asked to return for events after internship.
- Performed clerical duties in the site office such as making cold calls, manning point of sale system in the gift shop and taking inventory of both office supplies and gift shop items.
- Assisted site maintenance person with various projects including general upkeep and construction of a gravel path to eliminate water runoff ponding.